Konkan, also known as Konkancoastor Kokan is one of the six administrative divisions of Maharashtra state in India which comprises the Konkan region and occupies the entire west coast of Maharashtra. It is a 720-km long coastline which consists of the coastal districts of the western Indian states of Karnataka, Goa and Maharashtra. Konkan is one of the best places to relax and have fun with friends & family. Konkan has beautiful places to offer its travelers throughout their stay here. From the aroma of red soil that will never make you leave to the lovely beaches with picturesque locations. This place has a charm of its own during the rains. Here are some of the most engaging places to visit:
- Ganapatipule:This is one of the beautiful attractions of the Konkan stretch. The beach is pretty cleanand the temple is on the beach with a lot of greenery and virgin beaches. You get to visit Swayambhu Ganapati temple, Ganapatipule beach, backwaters and Prachin Konkan museum.
- Alibaug:It is another coastal town known for its beaches, forts and villas. It is a weekend gateway from the chaos of Mumbai. It does not take more than an hour and half to reach this place. The view of the beaches are breathtaking during the rain. Make it a point to visit this distinguishedfort of Murud-Janjira.
- Dapoli: This town is proud of havingthe longest beaches in the country. SuvarnadurgFort, Karde beach, Unhavare are some of its main attractions. People attended Harnai fish auction during the stay here and also Buddhist caves.
- Diveagar Beach:It is one of the small villages on the konkan coast known for Ganesha temples and seagulls. A short time of travel for about 30 minutes is a fun filled one to travel back and forth.
- Srivardhan: It is another small village with enchanting views of Arabian sea on one side and mountain on the other. Diveagar to Srivardhanis amongst the most scenic on Konkan stretch and the beaches are extremely clean.
- Harihareshwar Temple:This temple is an abode of Lord Shiva. The temples here are the living specimen of Indian architectural style blended with Maratha style of construction.
- Guhagar:This is the best beach in the whole of konkan stretch. The beach is pristine clean and virgin. It is far from the noisy crowd that helps the visitors relax for a couple of days renting home stays for the families and you can also camp on the beach.
- Tarkarli:This place is a must for all adventurous birds and also the best place for seafood lovers. It has a lot of adventure stores for you from dolphins to river rafting and scuba diving. The resort here is splendid.
So, what are you waiting for? Plan your next holiday for Konkan and create lots of irreplaceable memories.
Has something beautiful places apart from this list which created beautiful stories in your life? Share with us by commenting with us.